Friday 2 July 2010

Three meetings

Google calendar - potentially useful. Actually irritating. Or is it just me? I find the display really confusing. I managed to enter the same meeting three times because no matter how many times I refreshed the page it didn't seem to be there. But then I went away and came back and it was there and now I don't know how to stop the calendar telling me that I have three meetings on July 6th at 11am. I suppose there's some comfort in knowing that they are exactly the same meeting and that I will be able to meet this triple-booking. Shades of Groundhog Day though...

1 comment:

  1. I don't much like the calendar display, either. Do get rid of unwanted meetings, click on them in the calendar, which will either bring up a little pop-up window or take you to the edit event page. Then look for the delete button (quite obvious on the pop up, near the top of the page on the edit event page), and click it. Repeat until number of meetings on calendar matches number of meetings expected in reality.

    as for things not showing up, you can choose which calendars are shown on the main view by selecting or unselecting under the 'My calendars' heading on the left. This is useful if you have more than one calendar on the same account (e.g. work, home, cricket club, whatever) - you can choose to see them all at once or one at a time or something in between. Maybe you clicked on this by accident so it stopped showing your one-and-only calendar and therefore stopped showing your meeting?

    ReplyDelete